Representation On Contingency: What Is It?
You may have heard the expression “legal representation on a contingency basis” or similar language, but you were unsure what that means and how it really works. From our perspective at the Philip J. Fulton Law Office in Columbus, the most direct answer is that we do not get paid unless you get paid.
Free Consultations · Your Best Interests And Ours Are Always Aligned
The relationship that contingency representation creates and supports is very important when it comes to handling both workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability claims. When you work with our firm:
- Your initial consultation will be free of charge, and there is never an obligation to hire us based on the counsel our lawyers provide at that point.
- If you do hire us — for either a workers’ compensation or Social Security Disability matter, at any point in the process — you will pay no attorney fees unless we are able to obtain compensation for you.
- We have no reason whatsoever to offer you false hope or a less than diligent case evaluation, because we are truly “in it together” every step of the way.
- The fees you will pay if we win your case are limited to a percentage of the benefits you receive, and we are always glad to openly cover specifics and likely scenarios with you.
- In the rare event that we cannot succeed on your behalf, you will pay us no attorney fees at all.
We Are In It Together, And Our Experience And Qualifications Set Us Apart
Laws governing attorney compensation in cases like those we handle are intended to protect the injured and disabled. However, they do not prevent people from hiring lawyers without the specific knowledge to properly evaluate such a case and develop the right strategy to win.
Many lawyers offer workers’ comp and Social Security Disability representation on contingency. You should hire the most qualified, reputable law firm you can find. Over the past 35-plus years, we have helped thousands of injured and disabled people across Ohio get all the benefits they deserved, and we are here to help you.
We welcome all inquiries about our fee structure and all questions about your specific case. For your free, no-risk consultation, call us at 866-552-6353 or toll free at 866-552-6353. You may also reach us by email.