What Are My Rights As An Injured Worker In Ohio?
As an injured worker, you have a number of rights and responsibilities. However, in practice, you may find yourself having to defend your rights in order to avoid being exploited. Retaining an attorney is the best way to protect your right to benefits such as workers’ comp, including compensation for loss of income due to disability. Based in Columbus, Ohio, the Philip J. Fulton Law Office focuses its practice on workplace injury cases, including workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability. Victims of construction accidents and other on-the-job mishaps rely on us for forceful, effective representation.
Your Rights As An Injured Worker
With or without legal representation, an on-the-job injury may result in loss of income, permanent disability and other far-reaching consequences. At our Columbus, Ohio, firm, each workers’ comp attorney is able to minimize the impact of your disability or injury on your family’s financial security. We can help you file your workers’ compensation claim efficiently and get benefits as quickly as possible.
As the victim of an injury in the workplace, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to compensation for your financial costs, including medical benefits, at a level that is competitive with benefits provided by other states in the U.S.
- You are entitled to prompt medical attention funded by the workers’ comp system of the state of Ohio
- You have the right to appeal administrative decisions and appeal denied claims to the court system
- You have the right to have your case heard and processed without undue delay throughout the workers’ comp process, including during appeals
- Even if your successful claim is appealed by your employer, you have the right to benefits after your first hearing
- You are entitled to hire an attorney to represent you in workers’ compensation hearings
- If you suffer loss of income due to a long-term or permanent disability, you are entitled to continuing disability benefits
Speak With An Attorney In Columbus, Ohio — Workers’ Comp, Loss Of Income, Disability
If you have more questions about your rights as an injured worker, contact the Philip J. Fulton Law Office in Columbus, Ohio, to meet with a workers’ comp lawyer. We can help with loss of income, disability and other costs associated with an injury sustained on the job. Call our office at 614-963-9569.