Epilepsy: What Benefits Are Available?
Epilepsy is a serious medical condition that may impair an individual’s ability to work. While many people with epilepsy are able to work, seizures and other complications arising from epilepsy make it difficult or impossible for many others to maintain gainful employment.
If you have epilepsy, these and other challenges may impact your ability to work:
- You may have difficulty finding adequate transportation to and from work.
- Your condition may limit your ability to drive, operate heavy machinery or tools, or perform other tasks that may be required by certain occupations.
- You may have faced setbacks in your education or job training.
- You may have encountered discrimination by prospective employers.
- You may take medication that makes you sleepy, drowsy or inattentive.
- Your speech may be slurred at times due to taking necessary medication.
If your ability to work has been significantly impaired due to epilepsy, you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. For help, contact the experienced SSDI attorneys at Philip J. Fulton Law Office. Based in Columbus, we represent clients throughout Ohio in SSDI claims.
If you do not qualify for SSDI benefits, we may be able to help you obtain Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Since SSI benefits do not require a work history, people who are not eligible for SSDI benefits may be eligible to receive SSI benefits.
Put Our Experience To Work For You
Our SSDI attorneys are ready to put their experience and expertise to work for you. We have been helping disabled clients for more than 35 years and have handled more than 1,000 Social Security Disability claims. As a client of our firm, you will have a dedicated attorney working by your side at every step of your case to ensure that you receive the accessible, responsive and highly personalized representation you require. As a client of our firm, you will have a strong advocate on your side.
Contact Our Ohio Social Security Disability Attorneys
We charge no fees unless we recover Social Security Disability benefits for you. To schedule a free consultation with a Columbus epilepsy disability benefits lawyer at our firm, call 866-552-6353 or toll free at 866-552-6353. You may also reach us by email.