Philip J. Fulton Law Office
Call For Your Free Consultation Today
Columbus, OH Office 614-929-3126

How to find the physician you can use after a workplace injury

If you're hurt while working in Ohio, you're able to make a claim for compensation through the Bureau of Workers' Compensation. Even though you may have been approved for this compensation, there may still be questions you have about where you can go to see a doctor or how to be reimbursed for prescriptions or care you've already paid for. If you've been denied compensation despite being injured, you may want to appeal with the help of your attorney.

When it comes to choosing a physician, your first visit can be anywhere. After that, you'll need to choose a doctor that is in your workers' compensation plan. You'll know if the provider is included in the plan by contacting the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation or by asking the doctor him or herself. If you can't find a doctor in your area, you can call the agency to help you locate one.

Your medical bills get paid by telling the medical care providers that you are under workers' compensation. Then, the Bureau of Workers' Compensation works to review and pay the bill with help from the managed care organization, or MCO. The MCO is reimbursed by the BWC, so the MCO is the first party to pay your bills.

If you need prescriptions filled or have already paid for them, you should tell the pharmacist in the future to bill your workers' compensation provider. If you already paid for your prescription as a cash customer, then you can have the pharmacy complete a new C-17 form for the outpatient medication invoice, which allows you to recoup your costs.

Source: Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation, "Injured worker questions and answers (Q&A)," accessed Sep. 17, 2015

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Take The First Step And Contact Us Today

Free Consultations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Write Us A Review

At Philip J. Fulton Law Office, we love feedback from our clients. Please take a moment, and tell us how we’re doing!

Philip J. Fulton Law OfficeRepresenting Victims Of Workplace Injuries And Disability

89 East Nationwide Boulevard
Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215

Toll Free: 866-552-6353
Phone: 614-929-3126
Phone: 614-224-3838
Fax: 614-224-3933
Columbus Personal Injury Office Map

Free Consultations:
Back To Top